17 February 2020
Armed Forces Day Grant Scheme
Grants are available to help organisations and individuals in the UK to host an Armed Forces Day event which can take place within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day event.
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) provides funding each year to help organisations and individuals in the UK host an Armed Forces Day event to show support for the UK’s servicemen and women, past and present.
Armed Forces Day has been marked annually since 2009 with events large and small throughout the UK.
Local councils, voluntary and community organisations, schools, ex-service organisations and individuals in the UK are eligible to apply.
A maximum grant of £10,000 is available per application, provided that MOD funding accounts for no more than 50% of the total cost.
In the past grants have ranged from a few hundred pounds for a street party to thousands of pounds for larger events.
The 2020 event should:
- Be held within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends (the 2020 Armed Forces Day will be held on Saturday 27 June 2020). The two weeks would run from Saturday 20 June to Sunday 5 July 2020.
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title.
- Be relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces.
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’.
- Not be centred around fundraising or recruitment.
The deadline for applications is 1 March 2020.