11 April 2022
Applications Invited to Royal London Changemakers Programme for UK Social Entrepreneurs
A national programme for social entrepreneurs is accepting applications.
Funding and specialist support are available for UK social entrepreneurs to help them develop bold ideas and sustainable solutions that will help build people’s financial resilience or help people engage in the societal impact of the move to net zero.
Now in its second year, the Changemakers programme provided by Royal London in partnership with Year Here and School for Social Entrepreneurs focuses on helping find innovative ways to build financial resilience, and help communities move fairly to a sustainable world.
Applications will be accepted from social entrepreneurs based in the United Kingdom.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Be a leader of a social enterprise working to build people’s financial resilience, or to enable a fair and inclusive transition to net zero.
- Have a venture which has been active for at least one year, even if not yet able to trade.
- Have a governing document.
- Be serving people resident in the United Kingdom.
Through the programme ten social enterprises and ten individuals will receive:
- Two years of support, including 1-2-1 expert consultancy, learning sessions and action learning with other social entrepreneurs all tackling financial resilience.
- A grant of £20,000 in the first year, with opportunities to access further funding in years two and three.
- The chance to collaborate, and build a relationship with Royal London to work on building resilience for more people facing life shocks.
The Changemakers programme will commence in September 2022.
The deadline for applications is 1pm on 17 May 2022.