Volunteering with young people in the Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe
Can you volunteer to help support a new drop in being set up for young people in years 7-9?
Organised by the Youth, Children and Families Team Leader, it will be open on a weekly basis on a Wednesday from 3:15pm to 4.30pm at the Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe in Towcester. This will be a space for them to chill, chat, eat cake and relax after school, perhaps playing board games too.
If you are good with young people, this could be the role for you.
- Good with young people and being able to talk with them and listen to them.
- Good interaction skills with teenagers.
- Understand something around emotional wellbeing, and the ethos of the Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe. The cafe is 'open to those of no faith, or any faith'.
- Mental Health
- Young People
- General Helping
- Supporting People and Befriending
Room is downstairs, small entrance step outside.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
All costs will be covered by an existing grant to run the project.
Health and Safety Policy
Risk assessment will be in place
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Ideally this would be a weekly commitment, but could be shared fortnightly or monthly.
Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe
169 Watling Street
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Garden Buddies (snvb)
The Silver Line
Towcester Youth Coffee House
Wriggle Dance Theatre