Volunteer WaterAid Speaker
Posted for WaterAid
Are you a confident Speaker, and passionate about transforming lives with clean water and good hygiene?
If you would like to to something meaningful and worthwhile from your own home, take part in the online training and join the Speaker Network, to help WaterAid spread this important message.
What does a WaterAid Speaker do?
They give inspiring talks and educational talks and workshops to schools, faith groups, service organisations, youth groups and more across the UK. Bringing WaterAid’s work to life, educating people about the importance of clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene in transforming people’s lives for good. Speakers inspire people to take action locally in support of WaterAid's vital work.
What do Speakers commit to?
To become a WaterAid Speaker, you should have a passion for WaterAid and public speaking. You’ll commit to giving 4 talks and/or educational workshops a year in your local community. In return you’ll receive training about public speaking and talking about the work of WaterAid, presentation resources, travel expenses, 1-2-1 support from WaterAid and a Speaker Mentor.
- Passion and enthusiasm for public speaking and confidence to speak publicly to a diverse range of community groups.
- Good availability to volunteer 4 times a year, potentially for morning school assembly talks, mid -day educational workshops, evening and weekend talks.
- Ability to travel locally.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Womens Issues
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Teaching and Training
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity is available Countywide.
When do I need to be available?
Delivering virtual talks/ workshops via Skype, Microsoft Teams or other internet conferencing - availability immediate.
Face to face Speaker visits to organisations and schools will commence after the New Corona Virus outbreak .
More Opportunities from WaterAid
Dogs for Good
Croyland Nursery School & Day Nursery