Volunteer Warehouse Assistant
Posted for The Hope Centre
What tasks may be involved?
- Loading/unloading boxes from the van
- Picking and packing food items
- Moving small and large/heavy items and boxes
- Adhering to all health and safety within the warehouse environment
- Getting packages/items ready to be sent to different service areas
- Cleaning/clearing up
- Communicating with members of the public who are dropping off donations etc.
What would the benefits be for me?
- Induction to the Hope Centre
- Access to training
- Gain experience and new skills
- Enhancement for your CV
- Regular news updates
- Support sessions
- Open door policy to the Volunteer Coordinator and Support Team
- Encouragement to try new things
- Reference after 8 weeks
- Be part of a team with a good ethos
- Increased confidence
- Meeting new people
- Must be reliable and trustworthy
- Must be able to relate to staff, volunteers, and customers
- Must have a flexible approach towards undertaking relevant tasks
- Must respect boundaries and confidentiality
- Must not discriminate
- Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- General level of fitness as some lifting will be involved
- Ability to work on own or as part of a very small team
- Flexible, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude required.
- Sense of humour goes a long way too!
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Homeless and Housing
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
Ramps available in the warehouse
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Food Club warehouse is open from Mon - Fri 09:00 - 16:00. Any hours you can do will be appreciated!
Hope Food Club
Biz Space, KG Business Centre, Kingsfield Way
More Opportunities from The Hope Centre
The Hope Centre
Learning Disability Partnership Board [K]
Northants Youth Offending Team
The Royal Ordnance Depot
Northamptonshire Carers- Daventry & District