Volunteer Social Media Assistant
Posted for The Hope Centre
What tasks may be involved?
- Raise awareness of The Hope Centre to the general public via Social Media accounts
- Advertise events and other activities the charity takes part in
- Sharing stories and photos on social media within their brand guidelines
- Coming up with ideas to help grow social media presence on different platforms, to raise awareness of the charity and the fantastic work they do
- Create and schedule engaging content that celebrates their work
- You will be working on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social platforms
- Assisting, in social media projects and campaigns - Ensuring the charity get broad social media reach
What would the benefits be for me?
- Induction to the Hope Centre
- Access to training
- Gain experience and new skills
- Enhancement for your CV
- Regular news updates
- Support sessions
- Open door policy to the Volunteer Coordinator and Support Team
- Encouragement to try new things
- Reference after 8 weeks
- Be part of a team with a good ethos
- Increased confidence
- Meeting new people
- Must remain politically neutral over all social media
- Must be able to volunteer as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be able to relate to staff, volunteers, and customers.
- Must have a flexible approach towards undertaking relevant tasks.
- Must be sympathetic towards people’s circumstances.
- Must respect boundaries and confidentiality.
- Must not discriminate.
- Liaise with other staff and volunteers allocated to this area.
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Good English language skills
- Applicants should have an extensive knowledge of all social media platforms
- An interest and understanding of the local community
- Improving the social media photo albums by collecting and uploading new images along with writing accurate descriptions.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Previous experience posting on Social Media for a company, charity or other organisation would be helpful
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Homeless and Housing
- No specific interest
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
When do I need to be available?
Centres opening hours: Mon-Fri 09:00 - 17:00.
Get in contact to discuss your availability!
More Opportunities from The Hope Centre
The Hope Centre
Citizens Advice Services Corby & Kettering
ARCh (Assisted Reading for Children)
Dogs for Good
1st Pattishall Scout Group
Macmillan Cancer Support