Volunteer Leader/Assistant Leader
Posted for Towcester Youth Coffee House
The Towcester Youth Coffee House Project was founded in 1995 and is entirely volunteer based, running The Coffee Shop’ as a drop in centre. It provides a safe environment for children of secondary school age, and young people in which they can develop their physical, mental and social skills.
The role details:
To contribute in a way that supports and enhances the work of Towcester Youth Coffee House, (TYCH) its partners and other volunteers.
To encourage and motivate people to make positive and constructive use of leisure and recreational activities.
Assist with preparing the room/venue for the activities where appropriate.
Assisting with the activities provided where appropriate.
Assist with tidying the room/venue after the group.
Encourage, where possible, the attendance of members to sessions & venue.
To provide information and support to users of TYCH.
- To communicate and interact with young people to establish non-judgemental supportive relationships.
- To liaise with other volunteers & professionals as required in line with activity plans.
- To embrace the ethos, aims and objectives of TYCH and to ensure that all voluntary activities undertaken are consistent with these goals and values.
- To ensure that all voluntary activities are performed within TYCH policies and procedures.
- To ensure voluntary activity is undertaken in line with TYCH confidentiality policy and data protection policy and procedures.
- To ensure voluntary activity is undertaken in line with Health & Safety requirements and risk management protocols.
- To notify the TYCH of any untoward occurrences that may affect the individual, charity or venue.
- To undertake training as required by the organisation including DBS checks.
- To be responsible for a key to the venue.
- Understanding and caring approach to young people.
- Understanding of the harms caused by anti-social behaviour to individuals, young people, children, families and society.
- Understanding and commitment to working in a way that recognises and values diversity.
- Knowledge and understanding of a charity centred approach in providing services & activities.
- Ability to contribute as part of a volunteer team.
- Ability to assist with groups, training and promotional events.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and maintain boundaries.
- Enhanced level of self-awareness.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Young People
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
The building is fully disability accessible
Must be over 18
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
This will be a flexible role.
More Opportunities from Towcester Youth Coffee House
Towcester Youth Coffee House
Charity Crafts (snvb)
Girl Guiding - Brackley
Tools For Self Reliance Northampton
Northamptonshire Association For The Blind
Medical Detection Dogs