Varied volunteering works!
Posted for Deafconnect
Established in 1874, Deafconnect is the only charity in Northamptonshire supporting deaf people of all ages.
Would you like to support your local Deaf and Hard of Hearing community? There are many varied volunteering opportunities available with Deafconnect, involving One-to-One befriending, administration, and helping with the setting up of their many support groups which include Deaf Children activities, Family signing and BSL Teaching.
There are also other roles, including:
- Trustees, Event and Fundraising Managers.
- Delivering fliers and bucket collecting.
You don't have to have signing skills, there are many varieties of deafness and communication preferences.
If you do have signing skills, this is a brilliant environment for those who want to practice.
- Employment, Education and Training
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Citizens Advice Daventry & District (CAB)
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Long Buckby Pre School