Posted for Katharine House Hospice
Would you like to make a significant contribution to the running of Katharine House Hospice? Through the diversity of their knowledge, skills and experience, as well as the time they give freely, Trustees play a key role in enabling the Hospice to achieve its aims of ensuring all those affected by life limiting conditions receive the support and care they need.
Katharine House Hospice is recruiting to the Board of Trustees and are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a background in strategic finance. The successful candidate is likely to have an accountancy qualification, although this is not essential as they are also open to applications from candidates who are qualified by experience.
The full Trustee Board meets quarterly on a Thursday evening. The Board is supported by three committees which meet quarterly during normal working hours. They would expect the person appointed to sit on the Finance, Fundraising and Retail Committee.
Trustee positions are unremunerated, although reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
- An accountancy qualification is desirable.
- A strong commitment to the vision and strategy of Katharine House Hospice, and of the hospice sector more broadly.
- An ability and willingness to contribute your skills to further the interests of the hospice.
- An ability and willingness to act as an ambassador for Katharine House, including attending fundraising events.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team, including the ability to actively participate in discussions, respectively listen to the points of views of others, and to reach decisions as a team.
- An ability to think strategically and to help drive the organisation forward in the delivery of strategy.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and obligations of trusteeship.
- A track record of behaviours consistent with Nolan’s Seven Principles of Public Life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
- Health and Social Care
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
To be available to attend meetings for three sub committees within working hours, prior notice will be given.
To attend quarterly Trustee meetings on a Thursday evening.
More Opportunities from Katharine House Hospice
Katharine House Hospice
Katharine House Hospice
Stowe House Preservation Trust
RSPCA Northamptonshire Branch - Towcester Charity Shop
Delapré Abbey Preservation Trust