Treasurer- To help the Local Preschool continue to provide this service to our local children
Posted for Long Buckby Pre School
We are looking for a treasurer for our parent run committee.
This is an opportunity for someone to make a difference and help children and staff within our local pre school.
The pre school is charity run and relies on good minded people to give up some of their time to do these jobs to enable the preschool to remain open. Its a worthwhile cause that will give you the satisfaction of knowing that you are giving the children of our community the opportunity of attending a good preschool that will provide a foundation for their future development.
Ideally applicants will have some form of accounting experience either in a work setting or for another charity group.
The Treasurer will need to attend committee meetings which are normally held once a month on a Tuesday evening in Long Buckby. They would also need to be in regular contact with the Preschool administration staff, the time and setting of this is flexible.
- Duties of the treasurer
- Maintaining accounts/record keeping
- Liaises with Preschool staff regarding the petty cash and spending receipts
- Ensures the committee are aware of the financial position of the charity- pproviding an up to date accoount of finances at committee meetings
- Approves the purchase of services , equipment, and developments
- appproves the annual budget
- monitors budget
- completes payroll
- ensures the accoounts are independently checked on an annual basis
- Submits annual return to the charity commission
- manages the bank accounts
In addition all committee members including the treasurer are responsible for
- Acting in the best interests of the pre school - ppromioting its values and working to achieve its objectives
- attend committee meetings and contribute to the management of the pre school
- read committee papers and contribute to the decision making process
- setting the budget
- undertaking OFSTED suitabilty checks as required
- No specific interest
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 10/03/2021
End Date: 10/03/2022
Flexible to suit
1st Towcester Scouts
Northampton & Lamport Railway