Citizens Advice NOSN - Towcester Digital Advice Hub Coaches
Posted for Citizens Advice North Oxon & South Northants
Towcester Digital Advice Hub is an exciting new pilot project run by Citizens Advice North Oxon & South Northants, in collaboration with Central & East Northamptonshire Citizens Advice.
The Towcester Digital Advice Hub is located at 'The Forum' and is open every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 10am until 2pm.
A team of friendly and patient volunteers have been trained to support members of the public 1-2-1 to access information online using the national Citizens Advice website. They are looking to recruit more volunteers to join the Digital Hub team, so if you are able to spare 4 hours per week, 10-2 on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, they would love to hear from you!
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to: -
- Be confident to take charge of a call.
- Be friendly, approachable and patient.
- Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own.
- Have good listening skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be confident navigating the internet and using email etc.
- Be able to understand information and explain it to others.
- Have the ability to learn about & follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles & policies, including confidentiality & data protection.
- Be willing to undertake training in your role.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Support and Information
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
reasonable expenses will be paid for this role.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Between 10am and 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays (hoping to be able to expand this service to 5 days per week in future, currently runs 3 days per week).
The Forum Building
ARCh (Assisted Reading for Children)
Buckingham Canal Society
Medical Detection Dogs
Tools For Self Reliance Northampton