Citizens Advice NOSN - Community Advice Hub volunteers, Towcester
Posted for Citizens Advice North Oxon & South Northants
Accessing free, impartial advice was easy before Covid-19. Now, in an increasingly digital world, this is impossible for many people.
Towcester Digital Advice Hub is run by Citizens Advice North Oxon & South Northants, in collaboration with Central & East Northamptonshire Citizens Advice, and is soon to restart (early January) at The Forum building. This face-to-face service, will be open 10am to 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. .
A team of friendly and patient volunteers have been trained to support members of the public 1-2-1 to access information online using the national Citizens Advice website, and are looking to recruit more volunteers to join the Hub team. You will be given all the training and support you'll need to be able to help clients find a way forwards.
If you are able to spare 4 hours per week, for any of the sessions, they would love to hear from you! People need this service now, more than ever.
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to: -
- Be confident to take charge of a call.
- Be friendly, approachable and patient.
- Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own.
- Have good listening skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be confident navigating the internet and using email etc.
- Be able to understand information and explain it to others.
- Have the ability to learn about & follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles & policies, including confidentiality & data protection.
- Be willing to undertake training in your role.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
reasonable expenses will be paid for this role.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Between 10am and 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
SSAFA the Armed Forces Charity
Age UK Northamptonshire
Home-Start, Daventry/S Northants
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (NHFT)
RSPCA Charity Shop - Duston