Therapeutic gardening helper
Posted for Grand Union Housing Group
Grand Union Housing Group Limited (GUHG) is a Charitable Community Benefit Society delivering affordable homes across Northants, Bucks, Beds & Herts.
They are committed to promoting the wellbeing of clients and the communities in which they live. As part of this, they are piloting two social and therapeutic gardening schemes, one in Milton Malsor, Northants (Monday afternoons) and one in Flitwick, Beds (Tuesday mornings).
The aim will be to help people address physical or mental health needs, by sharing a love of gardening and engaging them in a wide range of indoor and outdoor gardening activities.
While the sessions will be led by an experienced member of staff, volunteers are needed so that they can complete tasks, while at the same time focusing on the needs and interests of the clients.
This opportunity would suit volunteers that have some experience of gardening/horticulture and are keen to pursue an interest in the therapeutic benefits that gardening can bring.
They are also interested in hearing from people who may be able to help maintain the garden in between sessions, e.g. watering, weeding, dead heading.
- knowledge and experience of garden/horticulture and an interest in sharing this with others
- an interest in therapeutic horticulture
- an interest in motivating and supporting others to feel part of a group
- a willingness to help out with a range of gardening activities
- the ability to follow instructions and follow policies and procedures
- willingness to contribute ideas to support a high-quality service would be welcomed
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
More Opportunities from Grand Union Housing Group
Grand Union Housing Group
Salvation Army Charity Shop
Towcester Town Football Club
Extracare - Rosewood Court
The Royal Ordnance Depot