Sulgrave Manor House Volunteer
Posted for Sulgrave Manor
Sulgrave Manor is a popular heritage attraction located in the lovely village of Sulgrave. The Manor is a fine example of a Tudor and Georgian house which was built and lived in by the direct ancestors of George Washington, the first President of the USA. Sulgrave Manor is open on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from April to September. Visitors explore the building at their own pace, engaging with the interpretation around the house. They are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join the team to help bring the house to life for visitors.
By getting involved, you could…
• Become part of a dedicated and friendly team
• Learn about this unique house and its stories
• Use and develop your skills in heritage communication
• Develop new skills and experience
• Receive training in all areas suitable for the volunteer role
• Increasing your knowledge of Sulgrave Manor and its history, to bring it to life and make it fun for visitors.
• Ensuring visitors stay safe within the building.
• Acting as a guardian of the house’s fabric and collection
• Answering questions from visitors about the building, family and history.
• Becoming familiar with and following Sulgrave Manor’s policies at all times (including the policies on Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults)
This role will suit you if you…
• Are enthusiastic and friendly with a talent for communicating
• Are interested in history
• Enjoy meeting people and being part of a team
• Want to learn more about Sulgrave Manor
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- No specific interest
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting Charities
Some of the house is accessible, but the upstairs is accessed by stairs. We would accommodate volunteers with accessibility requirements.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Agreed travel expenses between home and Sulgrave Manor.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Hours and frequency: Ideally, they would love for the house volunteers to be available for at least one day (Thursday, Friday or Sunday 11:30am-5:00pm) per week, although one day per fortnight would be great too!
More Opportunities from Sulgrave Manor
Marie Curie Brackley area
St John Ambulance
Charity Crafts (snvb)
Towcester Food Festival
Vision Youth Cafe