Scout Group Treasurer
Posted for 5th Brackley Scout Group
5th Brackley Scout Group executive committee are a small group who oversee the running of Scouting in Brackley, and are looking for a Treasurer.
- Prepare and present a summary of group income and expenditure to the executive committee every month.
- Raise cheques for section refunds, payment of expense claims, bills, etc.
- Liaise with utilities and suppliers, e.g. domestic heating oil.
- Liaise with person responsible for running “Online Scout Manager”.
- Audit section accounts at the end of every term (in conjunction with the chairperson).
- Prepare and present annual accounts to the AGM.
- Prepare and upload annual accounts to the Charity Commission.
- Typically, 5 hours per month, preparing the reports, reconciling bank statements, going to the bank.
- Preferably experience in book-keeping, simple cash books, etc.
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to learn (about “Online Scout Manager” software).
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Families and Parenting
- No specific interest
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Support and Information
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Age restrictions
DBS check required
Scout Association rules.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
Handover would be given from committee members
Foundation training set by The Scout Association. This will be “Module 1 – executive and GDPR”.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Meetings are once a month at 8pm to discuss the general running of the Scout group.
There is the AGM on Sat May 9th 6.30pm where accounts would need to be presented.
Monthly Exec Meeting - (Typically, 2 hours for each meeting, usually held on the first Monday of the month, except for summer break).
AGM - 2 hours, typically at family camp, Sat 9th May 2020.
More Opportunities from 5th Brackley Scout Group
5th Brackley Scout Group
Medical Detection Dogs
Brackley Area Volunteer Car Service
RSPCA Northamptonshire Branch - Towcester Charity Shop