A NERC reservist is someone who is ready to leap into action to support the community around them in an emergency by:
- Door-to-door leafleting
- Distributing food and supplies
- Checking on vulnerable neighbours
- Relaying key information to authorities
NERC reservists require no specialist skills and are only called to action in the event of an emergency to support the local authority and emergency services.
Being a NERC reservist is ideal for those of you who feel the urge to help during an emergency, but don't have the time to commit to volunteering on a regular basis.
- You need to be 18 or above
- You may be called upon in an emergency
- You will only be asked to help in your local community
- You will be reimbursed any travel costs or expenses
- You will be issued with NERC PPE
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity is available Countywide.
When do I need to be available?
In an emergency situation