Library to You Volunteer
Posted for Northampton Central Library
The "Library to You" Home Library Service offers anyone who is unable to get to a library, due to age, illness or disability, a personal library service, with volunteers delivering a range of books, audio books and information selected according to the customers own preferences.
Customers using this service really value the social contact with the volunteers, providing access to the library service.
What the role involves:
Being matched with customers or routes and collecting items from the library to be delivered to their homes. Taking time to talk to the customers, making sure they receive the books and information they need. Returning items to the library and passing on information about the customers' preferences in relation to the items borrowed.
- an ability to relate to all people in a warm and friendly manner
- a love of reading and the ability to share an enthusiasm for books
- an awareness of the needs of vulnerable people
- a reasonable level of fitness
- to be willing and able to travel
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity is available Countywide.
When do I need to be available?
Anytime 9-4 Monday-Saturday
More Opportunities from Northampton Central Library
Northampton Central Library