Posted for Sulgrave Manor
Sulgrave Manor is a popular heritage attraction located in the village of Sulgrave. The Manor is a fine example of a Tudor and Georgian house which was built and lived in by the direct ancestors of George Washington, the first president of the USA.
Currently the Learning Engagement Team delivers an exciting package of learning programmes to approximately 5000 school children per year, as well as running family activities during the school holidays. They are looking for volunteers to support the team bringing Sulgrave Manor to life and creating special memories for visitors.
- Increasing your knowledge of Sulgrave Manor and its history, to bring it to life and make it fun for visitors
- Supporting the Learning Engagement Team with school visits by preparing and tidying the room and resources and by assisting with the workshops and activities.
- Supporting the team by assisting with informal learning and events, including preparing resources for and delivering themed activities, crafts and trails.
- Being a friendly face to all visitors, welcoming them and answering any questions.
- Being familiar with and following Sulgrave Manor's Health & Safety policy at all times and be aware of emergency procedures.
- Being familiar with and following Sulgrave Manor's Safeguarding Young People and Vulnerable Adults policy at all times.
Enthusiasm, friendly and with a talent for communicating. With an interest in children and families, enjoy meeting people and being part of a team.
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Families and Parenting
- No specific interest
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
Wheelchair access around the site and gardens is fair with gravel paths. Wheelchair access throughout the Manor House is limited to the Porch & Screens Passage, Great Hall and Kitchen.
The role has two parts, school visits and family friendly events; anyone volunteering on school visits would need to be over 18, but young volunteers do support the family friendly events.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Travel expenses between home and Sulgrave Manor
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 16/01/2019
End Date: 16/01/2020
2019 Visitor Opening will run from Thursday 11th April 2019 until Sunday 29th September every Thursday, Friday and Sunday – 11am – 5pm This is a flexible role, which can meet your needs as a volunteer as well as the Learning Engagement Programme.
More Opportunities from Sulgrave Manor
Northamptonshire Search and Rescue
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Happy at Home (Daventry Volunteer Centre)