Heritage railway carriage restoration & maintenance
We are looking for volunteers to join our team who work on the restoration and maintenance of Heritage railway carriages and wagons on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- You can choose to volunteer on all three days or just one or two, whichever suits you.
- Volunteering will typically involve basic woodworking skills and painting/varnishing and would suit anyone who is reasonably competent at DIY tasks.
- Training to familiarise volunteers with the particular requirements for working on Heritage rolling stock some of which was built in the 1950’s and 60’s will be provided.
- The team is a part of the Engineering Department and all members will occasionally be asked to help out on other tasks and must at all times be willing to work as part of a team.
- Volunteers are required to become a member of the Northampton and Lamport Railway CIO which is a charitable organisation. Members receive a range of benefits including 50% discount on fares on ordinary running days, discounts on a range of items in the shop and buffet and the opportunity to purchase an HRA Interail card which entitles holders and one other person either free or discounted fares at over 100 Heritage railways, cliff railways and tramways around the UK.
- Volunteering is easy to do, is very rewarding and is a great way to meet new people and learn new skills.
- Please contact us for a chat about this volunteering opportunity.
Ability to work as part of a friendly team.
Basic woodworking skills and to be reasonably competent at painting/varnishing.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Pitsford & Brampton Station