Help with Local Fundraising Events - Daventry
Posted for Guide Dogs
As a local fundraiser you would be helping the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs.
Events are local and often outdoors, with a flexible time commitment during the year.
The role involves the chance to take part in some or all of the following :
- street collections on "flag" days
- help on stalls at local events
- taking collection boxes to local businesses
- attending local events organised by Branches or the Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys)
Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
In return you will :
- get a chance to chat with members of the public about Guide dogs.
- have fun and a sense of satisfaction at taking part in fundraising events and collections
- provide support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence.
- you will have an opportunity to build experience for your CV and a chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining the local comittee.
- Good Communication skills
- abilty to work as part of a team.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- No specific interest
- Wildlife and Animals
- Fundraising and Finance
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 08/03/2021
End Date: 08/03/2022
Flexible to suit
More Opportunities from Guide Dogs
RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) Northants Branch
Northamptonshire Association For The Blind
Central and East Northamptonshire CAB
Diabetes UK Midlands [K]