Fundraising Support Volunteer
Posted for Alzheimer's Society
They are looking for a volunteer to support the Community Fundraiser for Northamptonshire.
The impact you’ll make...
Regional fundraising is at the very centre of how vital funds are raised at local level. The money raised, funds the delivery of universal services that include the website and National Dementia Helpline, as well as the services provided locally such as Singing for the Brain. It also helps to fund research into care for today and a cure for tomorrow, and campaigning work.
This a flexible role and duties will vary depending on local need, your skills and interests, but tasks will include researching new fundraising prospects throughout Northamptonshire, speaking to supporters, promoting the work of Alzheimer's Society attending, and supporting events.
What’s in it for you?
- This role will provide you with an opportunity to meet new people and learn more about the work they do
- Enable you to take part in a range of training, develop new skills and develop events
- Fundraising experience
This role will suit you if you…
- Have an interest in fundraising research, events and/or marketing
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good IT skills
- Are able to carry out tasks efficiently, with close attention to detail
- Health and Social Care
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Data protection training which will take around an hour. Plus a range of other training you can complete as and when required.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity is available Countywide.
When do I need to be available?
Time commitment is flexible and dependent on local need; however it is hoped that you could offer a few hours per fortnight.
More Opportunities from Alzheimer's Society
Charity Crafts (snvb)
National Trust Canon's Ashby
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Towcester Town Council