First Aider, Event Services (Towcester area)
Posted for St John Ambulance
As a first aider at events, you will help to provide first aid to the public at events large and small within the community. This role can lead on to more advanced roles including patient transport, cycle response, advanced first aid and emergency response.
You would be involved in:
- Delivery of first aid to the public at community and commercial events as volunteered
- Ensure that equipment being used is fit for purpose, used correctly and is clean
- To report defects to equipment and any other operational issues as soon as possible
- To undertake training for role and keep up to date as needed
- To maintain patient confidentiality, health and safety at all times
- To keep appropriate patient treatment records; training received and volunteering hours
- Represent SJA in a professional manner and follow all appropriate policies and procedures
- Assist the Unit Management Team as appropriate with event specific activities
An enthusiasm for the work of St John Ambulance and an appreciation of its values
Someone who has an interest in providing first aid to the public at events
Someone who has good communication skills, especially with the public and patients
Someone who is able to work as part of a team
Willing to train as a first aider at events
Be physically fit for role.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- First Aid
- Local Events
- One-off Activity
Role is unit based and first aid event volunteering will be at public or private venues
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Event first aid training & additional training appropriate to role.
- Volunteer induction
SJA event services policy and practice
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Ideally volunteer for at least two events a month, mainly evenings & weekends.
More Opportunities from St John Ambulance
St John Ambulance
Diabetes UK Midlands [K]
DVC- TIMEBANK Project - Daventry Volunteer centre
Leonard Cheshire Disability
Citizens Advice Services Corby & Kettering