Community Fundraising Volunteer, Towcester & District Support group
Posted for Dogs for Good
The organisations newly formed Towcester & District Support group are keen for people to join, hoping that 2021 will be a safer time to get out in the community, to raise awareness of this wonderful charity.
Dogs for Good makes life-changing differences for people with disabilities, working to support people and communities through the help of a trained dog improving and enriching the lives of both.
The charity currently offers three specific services:
- Assistance Dog - Matching trained dogs with adults and children with a range of disabilities, and children with autism.
- Community Dog - Training activity and therapy dogs to work with specialist handlers in communities and schools.
- Family Dog - The team gives specialist advice and support to help families with a child with autism get the most out of their relationship with their pet dog.
Dogs for Good does not receive any government support.
The Community Fundraising Volunteer role involves supporting a great Charity while having fun with friends. You could organise your own events e.g. a coffee morning with friends, in your workplace or local community.
Volunteers also attend and help out at fetes, dog shows, events, supermarket collections, etc, or any other fundraising events put on to collect funds for the Dogs For Good.
Duties are varied but may include serving refreshments, selling raffle tickets, running tombolas or providing the public with any information about the work of Dogs For Good. Volunteers will be very 'hands on' in this role and will be working in a team.
- Comfortable in engaging conversation with the public at events.
- Open, happy character that enjoys being in the company of others.
- Ability to multitask is desired - you will often have conversations with one person whilst selling merchandise to another!
- Common sense approach and the ability to adapt to different situations.
- "Can do" approach, sense of humour helps enormously.
- Happy to be around dogs and have an understanding about them too would be helpful.
This is a community role. You will be meeting people all the time and talking about the charity so will help towards building your confidence. The emphasis is to make the role an enjoyable activity for people whilst at the same time being a representative.
- No specific interest
- Wildlife and Animals
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting Charities
18 yrs and over only please
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Volunteers will be asked to indicate what range of travel they would be happy to go, without claiming expenses.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Volunteers are managed by a Regional Fundraiser based at the charity who will provide all necessary support.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Most fundraising activities tend to be at weekends or evenings, although there are exceptions to the rule. There's always the offer of opportunities for volunteers to help at events, but there is no emphasis that they have to. The role is that you help only when you can, and only as often as you feel able to.
More Opportunities from Dogs for Good
Dogs for Good
Dogs for Good
Age UK Northamptonshire
Cooking Good - Community Cooking
Brackley Area Volunteer Car Service
1st Houghton Scout Group