Posted for Alzheimer's Society
Why they need you:
Fundraising at Alzheimer’s Society plays a vital role in enabling them to achieve their strategy.
You will support the Fundraising team in this role, helping them to identify opportunities to engage with the local community and to network with supporters.
You’ll help to raise funds by coordinating suitable locations for collection tins and buckets, managing the funds collected.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll engage heavily with the local community by having regular contact with supporters
- You’ll actively look for potential opportunities to make connections with new supporters
- You’ll show a dynamic approach, helping to raise the profile of the charity
- You’ll find suitable places within the local community to place collection tins and buckets, retrieving and replacing as necessary, counting and banking all funds following collection
This role will suit you if you:
- Are friendly, confident and trustworthy
- Enjoy speaking to people in your local community
- Have confidence in approaching potential supporters in the local community
- Have experience of handling money and banking, or would like to gain skills in this area
- Have a passion for fundraising
What they need from you:
To ensure the safety and security of people with dementia they ask for:
- One reference and proof of identity
- Essential learning to be complete before starting in your role, will take about 1 day
- Health and Social Care
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Fundraising and Finance
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
This opportunity is available Countywide.
When do I need to be available?
Frequency: Three times a year
More Opportunities from Alzheimer's Society
Katharine House Hospice
Happy @ Home (Daventry Volunteer Centre)