Posted for SSAFA - Northamptonshire
SSAFA is a national charity helping and supporting those who serve in our Armed Forces, those who used to serve and the families of both, One day's paid service in any of our Armed Forces is all that is needed to qualify for assistance from SSAFA. Their network of volunteer Branches and Service Committees provide support to the Armed Forces and veterans community. Currently SSAFA has 92 Branches and 65 Service Committees worldwide.
Visitors provide friendly support to eligible clients. Visitors are responsbile to and supported by their Division Secretary, or by their Branch Secretary where no Division exists.
Duties may include:
- Vising eligible clients in their homes or care establishments to offer friendly support and a listening ear in a non-judgemental manner.
- Confidential handling of all information concerning clients and ensuring all data processed or held as part of the role, is done so strictly in accordance with SSAFA's data management policies and procedures.
- Alerting the Branch or Division Secretary if specific needs are identified, including any safeguarding issues.
- Supporting Branch and Division fundraising or awareness activity where possible.
- Attending branch training days and AGMs.
- Complying with and promoting SSAFA values and standards, including the code of confidentiality.
A forces background is not essential, a driver's licence is beneficial for some geographical areas, and IT skills would be desirable.
The role suits friendly and caring individuals who don't wish to take on the administration involved in some other roles.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting People and Befriending
DBS check required
Under current DBS procedures, a DBS clearance is not required. SSAFA reviews DBS requirements at regular intervals.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
Local induction training about SSAFA.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
Written role description
Further advice and guidance can be found in Duties and Responsibilities of Branch and Service Volunteers, dated 21.10.2015
When do I need to be available?
More Opportunities from SSAFA - Northamptonshire
SSAFA - Northamptonshire
Alzheimers Society - Daventry Dementia cafe
SSAFA- (Daventry)- Soldiers,Sailors, Airmen, Families assoc