Become a Volunteer befriender in our new Perinatal support service.
To join an exciting new team offering a perinatal support service within Northampton and Daventry as a volunteer befriender. You will have the opportunity to:
- Offer parents regular emotional support to reduce social isolation and to help mum/dad be more emotionally available for their baby and other family members.
- Observe how mum/dad respond to the baby and offer guidance on how they can better relate to their baby.
- Help mum/dad take the baby and other children outside of the home so they can access services they need.
- Give the mum/dad support with issues which concern them
Someone who has experienced pregnancy and childbirth, and is able to empathise with the needs
Of families during the perinatal period.
Or someone who has understanding of mental distress, the emotional effects of pregnancy and birth
And demands of parenthood.
Non-judgemental and accepting of difference.
- Families and Parenting
- Womens Issues
- Young People
- Advice and Information
- Support and Information
- Supporting People and Befriending
18 and over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 08/03/2021
End Date: 08/03/2022
Flexible to suit
Vine Community Trust
Mencap Gateway Club
Age UK Northamptonshire