Posted for Changing Lives
Due to the pandemic, many of the people we support have expressed that they are feeling bored and lonely. We want to offer fun activities to the people we support. We need volunteers to coordinate project activities in conjunction with the weekly timetable.
• Encouraging the resident’s interests and connection to hobbies through doing them and chatting about them together.
• Assisting the support staff in designing meaningful activities for groups to participate in
• Offering individuals the opportunity to develop their skills in meaningful activities, and support them throughout.
• Signposting clients to other appropriate services as needed
• Assisting with planning and organising activities for the group. To encourage and discuss suggestions for activities and to support clients in putting their ideas into practice
• Encouraging and supporting clients to access other community based resources as appropriate
• Good listening, coaching or mentoring skills
• To have an understanding of social exclusion
• Good listening skills and able to support people when they are in distress, knowing when to refer people on to other staff/agencies
• Ability to support people in achieving their goals
• Ability to signpost people to other services where appropriate
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Have a telephone or a computer/pad that can make either voice calls or video calls, that you are willing to use
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
We need volunteers in Northampton (project postcode NN11 4AL) and Daventry (postcode) NN11 4AL, Monday to Friday. Flexible volunteering arrangements, to be discussed
Northampton, NN3 2RU
Wellingborough, NN8 4LZ
Daventry, NN11 4AL
VIN - Happy@Home Project
Renew169 Wellbeing Cafe
Northamptonshire Association For The Blind (NAB)