Abbey Host Volunteer
Posted for Delapré Abbey Preservation Trust
Abbey Hosts help to share the history and stories of Delapré Abbey to visitors. They need passionate volunteers who are willing to learn and share this with others. You will be able to inform the public during their visit and help foster the sense of “exploration”. Abbey Host volunteers also help guide and observe the public as they visit the Abbey, ensuring everyone has fun in the process!
Principle tasks involved:
• Observing and manning a certain zone within Delapré Abbey
• Speaking to visitors on Delapre Abbey's history and answer any questions to the best of your ability
• Engaging with the Abbey items and promoting the interactive nature of the site
In this role, they are looking for people who are willing to:
• Be based inside the Abbey or 18th Century Stable Block
• Learn about the history of the building and its inhabitants
• Talk to people if approached and answer questions
• Contribute to team working across the Trust
• Be physically fit and able to stand for certain periods of time
Anyone under the age of 16 will have a buddy, another volunteer, to support them.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
If required for the role, training will be provided in-house.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When do I need to be available?
Abbey Host sessions are either:
All day from 10:30am-5pm OR
Morning from 10:30am-2pm OR
Afternoon from 1:30pm-5pm
More Opportunities from Delapré Abbey Preservation Trust
Delapré Abbey Preservation Trust