School of Life
School of life was a unique project which celebrated the skills, knowledge and experiences of all generations by engaging them in a wide range of activities that were new, fun and above all enjoyable.
The aim was to
- Challenge stereotypes about young and older people
- Create fabulous opportunities for exchanging skills
- Create new networks and friendships
- Encourage social inclusion and reduce isolation
- Support groups to set up their own intergenerational projects
snvb worked in partnership with Nene Valley Community Action and Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire to deliver the School of Life project across large areas of the county.
As this National lottery funded School of Life intergenerational project draws to an end, we would like to thank all our local partners across South Northamptonshire and the hundreds of individuals that have participated and supported this unique project during the past three years.
Thank you for your contribution to this project and its overall success.
Karen Bricknell SOL Project and Rob Tracey CEO snvb.