School of Life
School of life is a unique project which celebrates the skills, knowledge and experiences of all generations by engaging them in a wide range of activities that are new, fun and above all enjoyable.
The aim is to
- Challenge stereotypes about young and older people
- Create fabulous opportunities for exchanging skills
- Create new networks and friendships
- Encourage social inclusion and reduce isolation
- Support groups to set up their own intergenerational projects
Activities that have proved to be a success in previous years such as fishing, cookery, arts and crafts, are just the tip of the iceberg. We are looking for many new ideas in addition to these favourites!
SNVB is working in partnership with Nene Valley Community Action and Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire to deliver the School of Life project across large areas of the county.
3 School of Life staff drive the projects forward in their respective areas.
- Karen Bricknell (South Northamptonshire) email@example.com
- Melanie Johnson (Rushden & East Northants) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Carroll-Wheat (Coordinator – Northampton)
If you have a hobby or a specific interest please get in touch, or if you like what you have read and want to be involved or know more please contact us. We would welcome ideas for new activities.
Karen Bricknell 01327 358264, mobile 07857 313 051, email email@example.com