8 November 2023
Warm This Winter Fund – Northamptonshire
Grants are available for small, local, voluntary and community or self-help groups in Northamptonshire that are tackling winter fuel poverty and social isolation by supporting older people who are vulnerable in the county.
The fund aims to tackle winter fuel poverty and social isolation by offering grants to groups and organisations supporting older and vulnerable people at risk in Northamtonshire.
Applications from small, locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help groups in Northamptonshire are eligible to apply.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- A set of written rules or constitution.
- Relevant safeguarding policies.
Grants are available to support activities to protect and help older and vulnerable people during the winter months.
Activities should meet at least two of the following aims:
- Keep home warm.
- Dress for warmth.
- Stay warm at night.
- Eat well.
- Keep active.
Funding can be used for a new project activity, start-up costs for a new service or building on the work the organisation already does.
Examples of the types of eligible project activities include:
- Volunteer-led community projects that promote healthy lifestyles for older people.
- Activities that reduce isolation or that provide social activity for vulnerable older people to prevent loneliness.
- Activities that provide help for older people that need support to live in their own homes.
Applications can be made at any time and will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Guidance notes and an online application form are available from the Foundation’s website.