8 June 2022
Northamptonshire Welcome Fund
Grants are available to charitable and community groups to support projects helping refugees and people seeking asylum across Northamptonshire.
The Welcome Fund was established in 2021 through public donations and funding from two local donors, Archways Estate Agents and Barratt Homes.
The scheme offers grants to support community groups and charities to provide a broad range of assistance that addresses hardship for refugees and people seeking asylum, especially including families and individuals from Afghanistan and Ukraine.
Applications are accepted from small and locally managed, voluntary, community or self-help groups based in Northamptonshire.
To be eligible, groups must have:
- People volunteering to help with the activity who are not part of the group’s management committee.
- A set of written rules or constitution that the group adheres to and that contains a dissolution policy.
- Written procedures for keeping young people and/or vulnerable people safe, otherwise known as a child protection or vulnerable people’s policy.
- An equality and diversity policy.
Grants are for projects supporting refugees and people seeking asylum across Northamptonshire.
Example projects might include:
- Providing family support and essential items.
- Building social networks and reducing social isolation and loneliness.
- Building language skills and longer-term employability.
- Advice, advocacy and support services for refugees and people seeking asylum.
Revenue and capital funding are available and can be used for new activities, start-up costs for a new group or service, or for building on the work already being done by the applying group.
Applications can be made at any time and will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Funds being awarded from July 2022 onwards.