2 October 2018
Grow Wild Accepting UK Applications for 2019 Projects
Funding to support innovative ideas that will connect people with nature in a local setting and which focus on UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi.
Grow Wild is offering grants of £2,000 or £4,000 for projects that bring people together through activities that connect their community and celebrate UK native wildflowers, plants and/or fungi.
The Fund aims to support groups or projects in the UK working towards the following objectives:
- Focus on UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi, through planting or as inspiration, and will help people understand the importance of these native species for the environment and our lives.
- Work with one or more of these target groups
- Young people aged 12-25
- Communities in urban areas
- Communities experiencing some disadvantage or reduced access to services
- Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
- Have the potential to reach at least 300 people.
- Has a space/s to deliver the project that is accessible to the general public.
- Enable people to connect with, learn something new and give to help each other and nature.
- Have an idea that is introducing something new, such as a new, unlikely location, new group of people or creative way to engage the targeted audience.
The funding can cover 100% project-specific costs, including seeds, plants, soil, materials, events, workshop charges, specialist experts and contractor costs. Projects need to begin delivery in March 2019 and be finished by 30 September 2019.
Voluntary, youth or community groups can apply. Applicants must be constituted, not-for-profit, or charitable.
Grow Wild anticipates funding 50 groups in 2019 across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The deadline for applications is 10 December 2018 (midday).