25 July 2022
Government Grants for Innovative Health Solutions for Veterans
Funding to develop techniques and pathways for meeting veterans’ physical and health needs in the UK.
The Office for Veterans’ Affairs (OVA) is providing funding administered by the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) to enable innovation in clinical care for the UK veteran population.
From a total funding pot of £2.7 million, grants of up to £300,000 over up to two years are available.
The fund is open to a range of organisations undertaking work in this area, including:
- Charities and non-profit organisations.
- Academic organisations.
- Microenterprises and medium-sized enterprises.
- Large companies.
Collaborative bids that bring together different expertise from different sectors are also accepted.
Proposals must address one of more of the following challenge areas:
- Digital, data and technology, to support the creation of treatments and interventions to help veterans with mental and/or physical health needs.
- Surgical technology, bioengineering and rehabilitation for blast injuries.
- Public health, pain management, hearing loss and visual impairment.
- Female veterans’ health and healthcare.
Groups must register for the DASA Online Submission Service to submit their proposals.
The deadline to apply is 12 noon on 31 August 2022, for decisions on 1 November 2022.