31 January 2022
Funding to Support Tech Lending Hubs in Temporary Accommodation Services
Hubbub and Virgin Media O2 have launched a new campaign to provide tablets and free data to community organisations working with temporary accommodation services to tackle digital exclusion and reduce e-waste.
Grants of between £50,000 and £120,000 are available for not-for-profit, constituted organisations that work closely with temporary accommodation services to establish or further develop Tech Lending Hubs across the United Kingdom.
Through the Tech Lending Community Fund, a total of £400,000 has been made available to tackle digital exclusion among people in temporary accommodation services, such as centres for refugees, housing for those at risk of homelessness, or women’s refuges, and to help reduce e-waste by repurposing refurbished tablets.
Funding can be used to:
- Oversee and manage a lending scheme that is integrated into existing support activities and that ensures data and devices reach people in temporary accommodation.
- Create a network of local organisations providing temporary accommodation that can integrate lending schemes into existing support activities.
- Distribute refurbished devices that will be supplied by Hubbub through Reconome and funded through the grant.
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation process allowing Hubs and community groups to measure impact against agreed outcomes.
- Be an active participant in the Tech Lending Community by sharing information, supporting other groups, and providing evidence/stories to support press-related and social media activities.
- Develop a long-term plan that builds a legacy, impact, and financial resilience.
Applicants have flexibility on what costs can be covered within the grant, including administrative and staff costs if required.
Not-for-profit, constituted organisations that are registered in the UK can apply. This includes, but is not limited to, local authorities, charities, community interest companies, and social enterprises.
The deadline for applications is 1 March 2022.