20 December 2021
Funding to Support Sick Children in Hospitals or Hospices
Registered charities can now apply for funding to improve the quality of life of sick children in hospitals or hospices throughout the UK.
The Wallace and Gromit Children’s Charity is offering grants of between £100 and £5,000 to charities, hospitals, and hospices to provide a wide range of support to sick children and their families. Funding is intended to provide facilities, equipment, comforts, and accommodation to benefit sick children in hospitals or hospices throughout the UK.
Funding is for projects that improve the quality of life for sick children. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Arts, music, play and leisure programmes in a hospital or hospice setting.
- Facilities to support families of children treated in hospitals or hospices.
- Welcoming and accessible environments.
- Care and facilities in hospices.
- Promoting education and information programmes.
- Supporting children with physical and emotional difficulties.
- Medical equipment when it can be shown that funding is not available from statutory sources.
- Respite care.
- Provision of sensory equipment.
Preference will be given to projects conceived and developed by children’s hospitals and hospices. Applications from organisations working within hospitals and hospices will be considered but will require a supporting reference from the hospital or hospice itself.
The deadline for applications is 11 February 2022.