31 January 2022
Funding For Conservation and Digitisation of Jewish Archive and Library Collections
Charitable and not-for-profit organisations can apply for funding to protect, preserve, and enable better access to Jewish archival and library collections in Europe.
The Rothschild Foundation is offering several grants to charitable organisations to undertake conservation, preservation, and digitisation projects relating to Jewish archival and library collections across Europe. The Archives and Libraries programme consists of several grants that will enable organisations to protect and preserve Jewish archival and library material, increase access to documents that will enhance future academic research in European Jewish history and culture, and encourage people to engage with communal documentary heritage.
The following grants are available:
- Conservation and Preservation – Projects that focus on the long-term protection and preservation of specific collections and the treatment and repair of specific items.
- Inventories and Cataloguing – Support for the creation of an accurate inventory or catalogue for a collection.
- Digital Resource Creation and Digital Humanities:
- Digital Resource Creation – Support for the digitisation, transcription, and accessibility of Jewish archival or library material and the creation of accompanying metadata.
- Digital Humanities – Projects that employ digital humanities tools and methods to conduct original research with Jewish archival and library collections.
- Professional Training – Support for all levels of staff, including archivists, librarians, conservators and photographers.
- Professional Development Language – Support for professionals for online courses in a Jewish language, such as Yiddish or Judeo-Spanish.
Most grants in this programme range between £15,000 and £40,000 per year for a maximum of three years.
Language grants are for up to £2,000 and applications should be submitted by the end of February, April, or June 2022.
The application deadline for archives and libraries grants is 25 April 2022.