26 February 2018
European Solar Prize Award 2018 Open
Launch of the 2018 European Solar Prize Award.
The European Solar Prize Award aims to recognise outstanding commitment to renewable energy. The Award honours innovative projects and initiatives from all parts of society.
Although no cash prize is awarded, the Solar Prize is considered as an international seal of quality and the winners will gain publicity in the media and the public. New possibilities are also given for networking as well for making new contacts.
To cover the wide range of energy transition projects, entries are invited in the following categories:
- Towns/municipalities, council districts, public utilities.
- Solar architecture and urban planning.
- Industrial and commercial companies or farmers.
- Local or regional associations/organisations.
- Owners or operators of renewable energy installations.
- Transport and mobility.
- Education and vocational training.
- One world cooperation.
- Special achievement prize for individual commitment.
To be eligible, projects must be either fully completed or sufficiently advanced to provide first results. (Products, books or inventions are not eligible.) Nominations should set out the goals and innovative aspects of the project and ideally include key figures, such as the percentage of consumption generated from renewable sources or mention of the technology used. In the case of architectural objects, submissions should specify the usable area, energy needs, portion of demand covered by renewable energy, reduction of CO2 emissions and the place/address.
The deadline for entries is 31 May 2018.