1 June 2021
Ecclesiastical Launches £1m Movement for Good Awards 2021
Nominate a charity for a chance to win a donation of £1,000 to support work that changes people’s lives for the better.
For a third successive year, Ecclesiastical Insurance is inviting nominations to its £1 million Movement for Good Awards.
The programme has two funding phases:
- Phase 1 will award 500 charities with £1,000 each. Nominations will be accepted from 24 May to 13 June 2021. The more nominations a charity receives, the greater their chance of winning. Winners are selected by a draw.
- Phase 2 will take place later in the summer with further details to come. Charities can register to be kept up to date.
Anyone can nominate a charity to receive one of the £1,000 awards as long as the charity:
- has been in existence for at least six months
- is a not-for-profit organisation
- has satisfied the due diligence of the promoter.
- is registered with one of the following:
- Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Charity Commission in Northern Ireland
- Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- Charities Regulator for the Republic of Ireland
- Jersey Charity Commissioner or the Guernsey Registry (Channel Islands) or the Central Registry (Isle of Man)
- does not discriminate unlawfully in any way
- does not support any specific political party or affiliated group.
- does not relate to any controversial subject matter that is contrary to the values and expectations of the promoter
Eligible charities could range from smaller, volunteer-run groups to larger, well-known organisations. A list of previous winners can be found on the movementforgood website.
A charity can win only once but they can be nominated multiple times. The more nominations a charity gets, the more likely they are to win £1,000.
The winners will be selected at random from a pool of nominations and announced on the movementforgood.com website from 21 June 2021 to 2 July 2021.
Entry is free. Full details, including the terms and conditions, and the online nomination form can be found on movementforgood.com as can a range of resources for charities to raise awareness within their community.
The deadline for entries for a £1,000 grant is 23:59 on Sunday, 13 June 2021.