14 March 2022
Funding to support activities which improve accessibility to waterways and facilities to enable greater public benefit.
Grants of £500 to £10,000 are once again on offer to clubs, community groups, Parish Councils, Local Authorities or anyone in the UK with an interest in improving access to water and protecting the environment.
During this round, the Foundation is looking to fund projects which will:
- Increase and protect public access points to water for recreational users.
- Create sustainable launching and landing sites, to and alongside water, for all sectors of the community and abilities.
- Protect and enhance the natural environment such as rivers or coastline.
Grants can be used to cover:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the waters edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (eg, Countryside code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage recreational water users in helping protect the waterway environment (eg, river clean initiatives, habitat creation or invasive non-native species action).
- Projects that are multiuser or can benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit all paddlers rather than member facilities.
Matched or crowd funding is not essential but helps demonstrate the degree of local commitment to a project and to extend the number of projects that can be supported.
The deadline to apply is midnight on 19 April 2022.