Barclays’ 100×100 UK COVID-19 Community Relief Programme
Barclays’ one-off £10 million fund will support 100 UK registered charities with an annual income of more than £1 million to help with coronavirus/COVID-19 relief efforts.
Barclays will be making 100 donations of £100,000 each to UK charities working to support vulnerable people impacted by coronavirus/COVID-19, and the associated social and economic hardship caused by the crisis.
Funding will be focused on supporting charity partners who are meeting the immediate needs of people in Barclays communities, including low income families, those facing financial hardship, isolated elderly people and key workers.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a UK registered charity
- Pass Barclays sanctions checks
- Have an annual income of more than £1 million
- Not be a type of organisation excluded under Barclays’ donations policy. There are a few organisations that are not supported, including political and certain religious organisations, those set up to benefit an individual, or those engaging in discriminatory practices. Full details can be found in the guidelines.
- Actively operate in the UK communities where Barclays has a presence
- Be currently working to support vulnerable people impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
The funding will be awarded to UK organisations best able to:
- Demonstrate a track record and ability to deliver impactful, on-the-ground support to directly meet the needs of vulnerable communities facing social and economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Articulate how funding from Barclays will be deployed to meaningfully support/boost their work.
- Meet immediate needs of vulnerable communities – organisations must be in a position to begin deployment of Barclays’ donation within one month of receipt.
- Demonstrate positive outcomes from their programmes through high-level impact metrics.
- Effectively run the charity to ensure a sound financial position.
Applications will be accepted from 4 May to 22 May 2020 (23:59).