22 November 2021
Arts Council England Invites Applications for Grants to Promote Volunteering
Funding for partnerships in England to create and enhance volunteering opportunities for young people and those facing social disadvantage.
Volunteering Futures is a time limited priority forming part of the wider National Lottery Project Grants Programme, set to open on 22 November 2021.
There is a total funding pot of £4.7 million available, with groups able to apply for grants of £100,001 and above.
Applications will be accepted from community and cultural organisations across England. Consortia and partnership bids comprising a diverse range of organisations are encouraged.
- Seek to create or build on partnerships between arts and cultural organisations, heritage, sport and physical activity, youth and other community sectors.
- Create significant numbers of volunteer opportunities in projects focused on creativity and culture.
- Improve access to volunteering.
- Support young people and individuals who face barriers to volunteering.
- Create a demonstrable, lasting benefit for participating groups and communities, especially those heavily impacted by the pandemic.
- Explore, expand or scale innovation in volunteering practice that may have emerged during the pandemic.
- Involve the voice of volunteer participants in project planning and decision-making as well as delivery.
- Consider supporting wider opportunities for participants to progress into other roles, further education, apprenticeships or employment in creativity and culture.
- Consider the long-term sustainability of the activities and partnerships create.
- Generate, and share good practice widely.
Activities must start no earlier than 1 April 2022 and finish no later than March 2024.
Expressions of Interest will be open from 22 November 2021 to 7 December 2021.