8 June 2022
Anglian Water Flourishing Environment Fund
Grants are available to support projects that directly conserve wetland habitats and species in the Anglian Water Region.
Anglian Water is the largest water and water recycling company in England and Wales by geographic area. As part of its commitment to protecting species and habits on its sites and across the region, the company has set up the Anglian Water Flourishing Environment Fund.
Projects must take place within the Anglian Water and Hartlepool Regions.
To be eligible for funding, the target habitats and species should be those of principal importance, as defined by Section 41 of the Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act. (A list can be found on the Cambridge Community Foundation website.)
The funding can be used for:
- Land purchase.
- Habitat creation and restoration.
- Species conservation.
- Surveys, as a small proportion of a wider project that the grant also covers.
- Interpretation, as a small proportion of a wider project that the grant also covers.
- Equipment needed to deliver the project.
- Reasonable travel expenses.
The fund is open to applications from early May to 1 August each year.
The 2022 deadline for applications is 1 August 2022.
An online application form is available on the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation website.